Monday, November 23, 2009

Robbed at knife point

Google image of Chase Bank robber
My son's girlfriend was robbed at knifepoint yesterday. She works in an upscale lingerie boutique on a downtown street. The guy who robbed her has done the same thing at two other businesses in the past few days. Being the cowardly bastard he is, he targets young female clerks.

He is middle aged, scruffy, hyped-up, and dirty. He threatened to kill her if she did not comply, and then thrust the knife toward her midsection. As she scooped bills from the till, he shoved her roughly so that he could grab bigger bills, and faster. It pissed her off so much that she slammed his hand in the drawer, twice!

This girl is five foot nothing and barely a size two, but she was ready to take this nasty pig down! Not the best response to a knife wielding assailant, but you gotta admire her spirit!

George and I hurried down to support her when we heard. I was concerned about her state of mind, her reaction to the event, and her recovery from it. Having worked in the fire arms and law enforcement field for years, I know how profound a situation survival is, and how long lasting the effects can be.

When I heard about her anger, her presence of mind, and her reactions, I was relieved. She will get through this without melting, I think. Her spirit will sustain her.

No comments: