Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lake time


Today, we took the kayaks and the jet skis to the lake. The lake was glassy smooth and fresh smelling. After the loading, unloading, clipping, zipping, filling, checking and double checking, I found myself putting along at 5 miles per hour in the no wake zone, heading for bigger water.

Then, the 5 mile buoy slid past and I stood up, pulled the throttle back and surged ahead, the power of the 165 horse Honda engine nearly ripping my grip from the handlebars. My tummy did a lift and I leaned into the suddenly fierce wind. Faster, faster, faster, the water slid by in a blur and I shouted out loud.

I looked down to see the digital readout at 66 miles per hour. Man, I love a hot engine. I raced around, turned 360's, stood the machine on it's tail, powered out in a surge of water, working up a sweat and exhilaration. It was a good, good day on the lake.

No comments: