Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday, and tired...

Tonight, I will rest. And sleep until I feel like getting up...

Oh, wait, the city inspector will be here at 0800 to check on the new heating system. In the family room and in my bedroom. I can't really sleep in, can I? Oh, at the same time, the 'under the house insulators' will begin their attempt at stopping the mass exodus of warm air from this place.

So, George just informed me of this latest onslaught to my nest, my privacy. Only because I asked if everything was done regarding the heating thing. Thanks for the warning.

So, tomorrow, my first day off without chores or obligatory show-ups at kids' places or prison to visit a beloved nephew, is to be spent once again dodging workers, some who want to talk about my previous life as a shooting celebrity. I used to like the attention... but not now, not in my own home.

I really don't care about their recent purchase of a ___ gun and how it performs in their inexperienced hands. I have heard the millionth story about the elk/deer/sheep that so and so got or missed. 'Do your job and go away' I want to scream. I listened to this when I was getting paid for it, and now, I want to be left alone.

Put in the heat thing and go away.

Am I mean? Antisocial? Jaded?

No, I am tired...

No comments: