Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mare is gone, but not forgotten

The distracting mare is gone. He udder is dried up, she no longer thinks she should nurse her year-old filly, and she has taken the exit invite.

Cruz is frantic. He put two miles on, screaming and running over every square inch of the six+ acre pasture, and has whinnied long into the evening (it is 11:11 pm now). Good heavens, work it out, man.

I hate to be cruel, but he was acting this was after one day with her. So, it's not like they are life-mates. I have to figure into his consciousness, or he is worthless to me. If he cannot concentrate on me, he will be a danger to me. On the trail, in the trailer, in camp.

Sorry, buddy, this is when being a human trumps being a horse. I get to lead and train and demand to be #1. Otherwise, you can go to a new home and be a lawn ornament...

No comments: